High performance, starch based excipients and encapsulants
Superior solutions for the reliable delivery of active ingredients such as e.g. vitamins, carotenoids and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API's).
Ingredion’s vegetable-based excipients and encapsulants provide pharmaceutical and nutraceutical companies with a reliable and consistent solution for faster, more efficient tableting and encapsulation operations including the stabilisation, protection and release of actives such as vitamins, carotenoids and other API's .
Our products are non-allergenic, non-animal and are derived from sustainable, renewable sources. They can be used in:
- Direct compression and wet granulation tableting, for coatings, as fillers, binders and disintegrants
- Filling of hard or soft capsules
- Encapsulation of carotenoids, oil soluble vitamins and nutraceutical oils
- Fortification options such as added fibre and gluten-free
Encapsulation of your pharmaceutical actives will deliver a range of benefits to your products and manufacturing operations:
- Improved product quality
- Improved shelf-life stability
- Improved release characteristics
- Unmatched ease of handling and dispersion in aqueous systems
- Reduced loss during processing storage
- Reduced cross-contamination resulting from lower dust formation
- Reducing cost-in-use through high active loading and productivity improvements
How can we help?
Contact our experts today to find the right ingredient for your needs.