Rising to the challenge
Bakery is booming and Ingredion is poised for action
Consumers and legislators are more demanding than ever, so getting to market with attractively priced, good quality and compliant products is key. If you’re looking to fast-track innovation on the back of long-term trends like guilt-fr ee indulgence, clean label and health/nutrition - Ingredion can help you balance your priorities.
We produce a wide range of speciality starch and flour-based ingredients for bakery goods including cakes, bread, sweet biscuits, pastries and fillings. We can help you from concept to ingredient selection and from scale-up to consumer validation. Our chefs and technical experts work hand in glove with you because that’s what it takes to find the delicious balance.
Reduce costs by replacing expensive ingredients such as butter and margarine with starch in your pastry and cake recipes with:
- N-DULGE® co-texturisers which maintain texture in reduced-fat bakery products.
- NOVATION® Indulge 3920 starch is the perfect clean label instant starch solution for adding indulgence to, or reducing the amount of fat in, recipes without compromising the consumer appeal or texture. Suitable for use in bakery creams.
Add a front of pack claim for ‘source of protein’ or ‘high in protein’ for bread, cereal bars or, luxury breakfast cereal and muesli with:
- HOMECRAFT® pulse flours for food products that are highly nutritious, protein-fortified and certified gluten-free. Pulse flours offer a healthy alternative to traditional and other gluten-free flours, enabling the development of highly nutritious, gluten-free bakery products.
- VITESSENCE™ pulse proteins which contain 50-60% protein are derived from pea, lentil and faba beans (commonly known also as broad beans). Highly nutritious and gluten free our pulse proteins can boost the nutritional profile of your products.
Add a front-of-pack for claim increased fibre content in your gluten-free bread, bread, cakes, cereal bars, luxury breakfast cereal and muesli with:
- SUSTAGRAIN® wholegrain barley flakes and flour. SUSTAGRAIN® provides 3 times more fibre and ß-glucan to your products compared to wholegrain oats
- HI-MAIZE® 260 resistant starch is an ‘invisible’ high fibre that can help improve the nutritional composition of cereal based foods including gluten-free bread without impacting the overall consumer appeal.
Gluten-free is growing. Replace wheat with our gluten-free ingredients to create delicious gluten-free foods. Choose from:
- PRECISA® Bake GF texturising system allows manufacturers to create high quality gluten-free baked goods.
- HI-MAIZE® 260 resistant starch is an ‘invisible’ high fibre that can help improve the nutritional composition of gluten-free formulation without impacting the overall consumer appeal.
- HOMECRAFT® pulse flours can also improve the nutrition, taste, colour and texture of your end products
- HOMECRAFT® Create GF 20 flour enables gluten-free formulation of a wide range of premium bakery applications without compromising eating quality or shelf-life stability.
Go clean label
More and more customers are demanding clean labels. Work with our technical experts to reformulate your cream and fruit fillings for pies, cakes and bars with:
- NOVATION® functional native starches are clean label ingredients which allow you to formulate on-trend clean label products rich in texture and taste, across a broad range of applications.
EU approved health claims
Achieve EFSA substantiated health claims to support the positioning of your products as 'healthier foods':
- HI-MAIZE® resistant starches have proven to produce smaller rises in blood glucose and as a result, smaller fluctuations in blood. HI-MAIZE® 260 resistant starch enables a ‘reduced glycaemic response’ health claim.
- SUSTAGRAIN® wholegrain barley flakes and flour. This ingredient provides 3 times more fibre and ß-glucan to your products (versus wholegrain oats) and enables a ‘lower in cholesterol’ health claim.
- VITESSENCE™ pulse proteins contain 50-60% protein are derived from pea, lentil and faba beans (commonly known also as broad beans). Highly nutritious and gluten-free our pulse proteins can boost the nutritional profile of your products, and help you reach “source of protein” and “high protein” claims. Products with a “source of protein” claim (12% of the energy value of the food provided by protein) can bare the following EFSA approved claims: ‘Protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass’, ‘Protein contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass’., ‘Protein is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children’
How can we help?
Contact our experts today to find the right ingredient for your needs.