Keeping prepared fruit fresher for longer
In the dairy and bakery sector, fruit-infused recipes are playing an increasingly important role in business growth. The speed of new product development is unprecedented, but volume doesn’t always equal quality so you need an ingredient supplier that you can trust from concept to shelf.
Ingredion’s category-leading fruit preparation solutions can speed your development curve, while protecting taste, texture and profitability. Our dairy and bakery solutions will support you on your Quest for the Delicious Balance™ when it comes to developing purees, pulps, syrups, yoghurts, pastes, nectars, pastries, cakes and other baked goods.
How our products add value
Ingredion offers a range of solutions to keep prepared fruit in food products fresh and delicious for prolonged periods. We help preserve various types of fruit preparations including:
- Fruit purees
- Baby food
This allows you to extend the shelf-life of your products, keeping your prepared fruit solutions at optimum freshness for longer.
Extend the shelf-life of your products
Extend the shelf-life of your fruit preparations with:
- ENLITEN® sweeteners allow you to replace sugar and maintain the sweetness of your fruit preparation with a naturally sourced ingredient.
- THERMTEX® starch is a modified food starch which can be used in many canned food systems where optimum heat penetration and high final viscosity are required. This product is resistant to high temperature, low pH, and shear. It can be used in cook-in-can fruit fillings and aseptically processed canned foods.
- FRIGEX® starches are a range of modified starches which are very stable under low temperature storage conditions and have excellent resistance to heat and acid conditions. They are highly effective in products such puddings and cream fillings.
Go clean label
More and more customers are demanding clean labels. Work with our technical experts to reformulate your fruit preparations with:
- NOVATION® 8300 functional native starch has a consumer friendly “rice starch” label and combines high process tolerance with excellent texture stability over shelf-life for food in frozen, refrigerated or ambient storage. This starch is suitable for challenging applications such as high brix or high in protein foods. As the most process tolerant functional clean label rice starch available on the market, it allows food manufacturers that who demanding process conditions to create indulgent, clean label products.
- NOVATION® 8600 functional native starch has a consumer friendly “rice starch” label and combines moderate process tolerance with excellent texture stability over shelf-life for food in frozen, refrigerated or ambient storage. This starch is suitable for challenging applications such as high brix or high in protein foods and helps food manufacturers to create clean label products with indulgent textures.
- NOVATION® 9230 starch is a certified Organic Tapioca based functional native starch that is recommended for medium temperature, medium shear, or low pH food processing systems. This product is designed for use in processed foods labelled as Organic or 100% Organic. It adds texture and stability to a wide variety of food products that undergo moderate heat and shear food processing. It is used in puddings, dips and sauces and salad dressings as well as highly acidic systems such as fruit fillings.
- NOVATION® 9260 starch is part of a unique range of certified organic starches offering all the functionality of a traditional modified starch but with a simple “organic starch” label.
- NOVATION PRIMA® 300 starch and NOVATION PRIMA® 600 are clean label functional native starches that have high process tolerance. It can be used for modified starch replacement, viscosity and stability build in foods that have an extended shelf-life or need to be freeze-thaw stable.
- NOVATION ENDURA® 0100 is a clean label functional native starch that delivers exceptional process tolerance in recipes that undergo challenging processing conditions. Suitable for use in fruit preparations, dairy based products like custard, puddings as well as savoury products such as soups, sauces and dressings.
Discover our applications
Bakery and Snacks
Batters and Coatings
Paper, Board and Tissue
Colours and Flavours