Clean. Simple. Wholesome.
From flavourful sauces and fresh-tasting baked goods to smooth organic yoghurts, consumers want products made from a few simple, familiar and recognisable ingredients. They want all of that at close-to-nature goodness which is reflected on the labels of the products they buy.
Of course, delivering clean and simple labels can present many challenges. Your products have to retain the just-right texture, shelf-life stability and nutritional power consumers have come to expect from foods and beverages. So how do you combine top-notch functionality with clean and simple formulations?
At our Ingredion Idea Labs™ innovation centres, we collaborate with you to find the best solutions for your applications.. Your large-scale products can look, taste and feel homemade, with labels that set consumer minds at ease. Our clean label formulation expertise is the result of years of hands-on formulation work with customers, research on the capabilities of nature-based ingredients, born of consumer research and deep analysis of market trends.
Making less more
We have all tasted natural foods that lacked one essential ingredient: deliciousness. Ingredion’s global sensory programme and expert sensory panels help you identify the exact textures and sensory attributes that consumers want. Clean label formulations benefit from our applications knowhow and CULINOLOGY® expertise in making clean and simple food and beverages tastier than ever—even gluten-free and egg-free products.
At the intersection of our wide ingredient portfolio, with our deep applications knowhow and our eyes ever trained on cost optimisation, you can create better products that stand out on the shelf with clean and simple labels. At Ingredion Idea Labs™ innovation centres, we are looking holistically at simple, nature-based ingredients and seeking greater capabilities from every clean label ingredient we make.
It’s about so much more than what your labels say. It’s about formulating products consumers will love with processes that meet ever more exacting demands. It’s about creating products that keep your margins healthy. And it’s about delivering delicious foods and beverages. Consumers won’t just love what you make. They’ll become loyal custodians of your brand.
A clean and simple world
Replace the unfamiliar with the familiar, modified with native, and feature minimally processed ingredients—in everything from bakery, batters and breading thanks to dairy, savoury and prepared foods.
Here are a few of the other breakthrough products in the clean and simple world.
- NOVATION® functional native starches debuted 20 years ago as the clean and simple movement started in Europe. We now offer more than 25 NOVATION® starches, including organic options, that are derived from corn , tapioca and potato. Designed to texturise, thicken and stabilise your products, they carry simple ingredient listings such as “maize starch” or “tapioca starch”.
- Flour is one of the most recognised and label-friendly ingredients in the world. Yet you need consistent performance, the ability to withstand processing, a long shelf-life for the finished product, and above all, great textures and flavours that last. With our HOMECRAFT® functional flours, based on tapioca and rice, you can offer the simple labels consumers prefer while maintaining all texture and functionality crucial to the success of your products—from crispy breadings to rich sauces and gravies.
- Our range of VITESSENCE™ Pulse proteins are in line with several of the most in-demand label and nutritional trends. They offer the boost of protein many consumers are seeking while supporting vegan and gluten-free labels. With all these factors combined, it’s no wonder the United Nations named 2016 the International Year of Pulses. We expect them to become an even more indispensable part of your ingredient toolbox in the future.
- Deliver just-right sweetness while reducing sugar with plant-based ENLITEN® stevia. When you can offer consumers deliciously sweet products with less sugar and clean, simple labels, you win in the market.
- Q-NATURALE® high-efficiency emulsifier supports beverages with natural colours and flavours—while delivering several times the oil load of traditional emulsifiers.