Sweetness for today and tomorrow
Sweetness in foods and beverages is a balancing act of taste, texture, labelling and costs. How much of this? How little of that? Naturally based or artificial? The Sweetness innovations of Ingredion Idea Labs™ science-based problem solving help you find the answers and achieve the right balance as you deliver on the trends:
- Clean and simple, with implications for naturally based, sweeteners
- Health and nutrition, with interest in reducing sugar
- Distinctive sensory experiences, with the ever-present need to make foods and beverages delicious
- Affordability for both you and your consumers
Answering your challenges
Every trend brings a new set of challenges for you to balance and overcome. Here’s how we help you.
Clean and simple
At Ingredion, you can stay ahead of the curve with stevia, now broadly recognised and accepted by consumers. We have grown stevia crops for many years, developed from a proprietary cultivar and protected by a strictly enforced crop-to-consumer production process. With our fully owned and integrated stevia plantation in South America, you benefit from an even higher level of consistency and quality in our ENLITEN® Reb A stevia.
Through our Sweetness innovations, we offer ways to reduce sugar and calories, through stevia-based sweeteners.
Many of the best-loved consumer products taste sweet—and we want yours to be among them. Our sensory panels use the SWEETABULARY® sweetness language to translate the many layers of sweetness that appeal to consumers into scientific language to guide formulation. The result? Delicious indulgences that become all-time favourites.
Sugar is still the industry standard in terms of sweetener calories and cost—and it is one of the most expensive ingredients to replace. Our scientists can help you bring the amount of sugar down to very low levels, using other ingredients to achieve the desired sweetness profile.
Perfecting what’s next
You are invited to work directly with our sweetness experts at Ingredion Idea Labs™ innovation centres, where science-based problem solving and spirited collaboration speed the development of better solutions.
- We can help you perfect the attributes of sweeteners, in applications like bakery, confectionery and dairy where building back texture can be challenging.
- Our strong formulation knowledge—supported by expert sensory panels and a wide range of texturisers—can help you solve challenges like bulking, freeze point in ice cream and textural properties in cereal bars.
- We also work with your processes to ensure our ingredients perform the way you need them to – exploring process improvements that can help reduce your manufacturing costs.
Discover the source of innovation that’s ready to help you answer the trends in sweetness both today and tomorrow. Collaborate with us at Ingredion Idea Labs™ innovation centres.